This workshop from day 2 of the Personal Development Module is an exciting exercise that serves to consolidate the creative and enterprise thinking abilities that participants have developed during the training programme.
The expected learning outcomes for youth workers:
- Positive thinking: understood the importance of positive thinking and positive language
- Adaptability: adapt easily when things change, see new opportunity in change
- Working with others: supporting the team
The expected learning outcomes for youth:
- working with others: listening to each other, co-operating with others on activities, making decisions together, tolerating and respecting others, supporting the team
- verbal communication/reasoning: justify own opinions, critically assess ideas and contributions, engage in meaningful discussion, reach team agreement, ask good questions to clarify things
- problem â€“solving: identify problem fully
- leadership: take responsibility for self and others, organise the team, inspire and motivate others, lead by example, achieve targets set
- motivation: show commitment to team
ResumÃ© of exercise
This workshop from day 2 of the Personal Development Module is an exciting exercise that serves to consolidate the creative and enterprise thinking abilities that participants have developed during the training programme. Teams once again work together to construct egg launchers, consolidating their creative and enterprise thinking abilities. Using limited materials teams must make a functional egg launcher, and then test it with real eggs! An opportunity is then given to the participants to reflect on the session and their achievements.
"Developed with the support of the European Community, within the framework of the Leonardo da Vinci Programme. The opinions expressed by the authors do not necessarily reflect the position of the European Community, nor does it involve any responsibility on its part."