This introductory exercise from day two of the Personal Development Module builds on the work done during day one of the module, encouraging participants to share their successes and emotions.
The expected learning outcome for youth workers:
- Awareness of other people: show empathy and compassion, understand what makes other people emotional is a good listener, can question and challenge others positively.
- Management of relationships: take on a variety of different roles in relationships.
- Listening skills: ask appropriate questions to enhance listening process.
The expected learning outcomes for youth:
- Awareness of own emotions: identify and acknowledge feelings, describe feelings appropriately, understand the link between feelings and behaviour, value oneself and feeling unique
- Management of own emotions: have strategies and tools for dealing with emotion.
- Awareness of other people: show empathy and compassion, understand what makes other people emotional, is a good listener, take personal responsibility and does not blame others, is a good listener.
- Listening skills: be active in listening to others, take turns in conversations.
ResumÃ© of exercise
This introductory exercise builds on the work done during day one of the module, encouraging participants to share their successes and emotions. Participants are asked to tell the rest of the group something positive that has happened to them since the last session. The facilitator is to encourage group responses and support individuals in their contributions.
"Developed with the support of the European Community, within the framework of the Leonardo da Vinci Programme. The opinions expressed by the authors do not necessarily reflect the position of the European Community, nor does it involve any responsibility on its part."